Two years ago, Bose introduced me to the Sleepbuds. From a first glance you’d just see a pair of Bluetooth earbuds but when you dig deeper, they’re a pretty unique pair of headphones. The Bose Sleepbuds are a specially created sleep accessory which uses ‘noise-masking’ to help you sleep at night. Unfortunately due to battery-issues, the first iteration was discontinued and in many cases people also got their money’s refunded.
But this is merely part and parcel of developing revolutionary new technology and Bose knows that. They went back to the drawing board and now we have the Bose Sleepbuds II.
What are the Bose Sleepbuds II?
The Bose Sleepbuds II aren’t active noise cancelling headphones or in-ear headphones with an added feature, and they don’t stream music or let you take and make calls — because every last detail was optimized for one thing — better sleep, all night, every night.
How do the Bose Sleepbuds II work?
Very simply speaking, the Sleepbuds II ‘mask’ the sound around you while you’re trying to sleep. The Sleepbuds are able to play specifically tuned tracks which mask the sound around you (maybe a noisy neighbour or traffic on the road, etc).
The User Tested Study
In a first-of-its-kind study, Bose partnered with the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus and the UCHealth CARE Innovation Center to test the impact of Bose sleep technology — which was clinically proven to help people fall asleep faster.
The research also found that 100% of participants confirmed Bose noise masking worked against the common disturbances that kept them up or woke them up; 86% said the product helped them fall asleep easier; 76% said it helped them stay asleep; and 80% reported an overall improvement in sleep quality.
What kind of content does the Bose Sleep App come with?
For control and updates, the free Bose Sleep App lets you set an alarm, change volume, and now includes three categories of content — all precisely developed, engineered, and mixed to overcome what keeps you up or wakes you up.
When that’s caused by noise, 14 noise-masking tracks mirror the frequencies of night-time disruptions, hiding them under soothing layers of audio.
When it’s caused by how you feel, new relaxation options are now available: 15 Naturescapes help calm racing thoughts with walks down a Country Road, Shore Line, Boardwalk, and beyond; 10 Tranquilities help lower stress and tension with tones to Lift, Drift, Dream, and more.
Bose Sleepbuds II – Features
- Each bud is just approx. 6.35mm deep — about the same as a pencil’s eraser — to dramatically reduce irritating contact when your head is resting on a pillow, even on your side.
- A new anti-friction coating covers each enclosure to prevent “squeaking” against fabric, and a new etched antenna produces a more reliable phone and tablet connection using low-energy Bluetooth.
- Inside, a new NiMH (Nickel-metal Hydride) battery powers 10 hours of run time, and a new miniscule circuit board stores up to 10 files from the Sleep App’s library.
- Its noise-masking tracks are matched to a new transducer to “cover and replace” more unwanted sounds than ever before — while a new pressure equalization design and soft silicone tips “block” more from entering your ear.
- With three sizes included, the tips are different than those made for daytime use. Their materials, shape, and design are all optimized to stay in place for a full night of peaceful, pain-free rest.
- Sleepbuds II come with an improved anodized aluminum case that stabilizes each bud while they’re stored and charged and provides up to 30 additional hours of battery life.
- For convenience, they’re equally compatible with iOS and Android devices.
- For durability, they’re sweat and water resistant with an IPX4 rating.
Bose Sleepbuds II – Price and Availability
Bose Sleepbuds II have been available from 4th February 2021 for Dh1,049 on you can purchase it on Bose.ae or via the redistributors – Virgin Megastore or Amazon.ae.